Friday, December 28, 2012

Reading ... and Writing

I guess that I was a good reader.  My mom said I talked a lot.

So, I did gymnastics, ballet, and baton at 7.

Er, 8, I did more gymnastics and baton.  I read the whole thing of the Zoo Books magazines, maybe around 7 of them.

Then, I got the boxed set of the Little House books and read them more than once at 9.  I would linger on the text.  I also was reading American Girls, which were short booklets.  I think that's when people drew from me reading a lot.  However, when I was 7 and 8, we got books read to us, a lot.  When I was 8, it turned out people were already reading novels, however.

We moved when I was 12, and I read The Secret Garden, A Little Princess, a fantasy about a unicorn, and the books for the reading program at school.  I did the homework.

I read some books that became movies, 1 being Harry Potter.  I read The Phantom of the Opera.  I'm not sure what I spent my free time doing.  I know I was either on vacation, working|schooling, or doing something in the arts, each summer.

I read The Tale of Despereux, my 1st year of college, got it from a book fair order through my brother.  I didn't even watch the movie but posted on Facebook.  I hadn't been going out.

I did read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the sequel, as well as Alice in Wonderland for the 3rd or 4th time.  I read it all in 1 morning and afternoon.  I also read the 2nd book, maybe the next day, unsure.  I read through a book on the illustrator of Alice in Wonderland, and the word, "fastidious," came up more than once.

Reading online posts on IMDb and when I was elsewhere was a task.  The posts online just keep coming, and people expect them to be answered.  I wrote so much, people didn't pay attention to me, and I went and got a blog and just posted, apparently, about what I was doing, my problems, like with technology, about eating, stuff like that that goes on and on like a book..

I also spent a lot of time reading these 2 booklets with illustrations on personality types, the 2 major sorters.  I got some guides on specific types on my Nook and read through what I was interested in, which wasn't much.  That's when I was 12, too, maybe until I was 15.  They were really boring, but I'm pretty good at sorting and could sort out like something about dominant and secondary functions.  I think you sort all 4 letters.  I also read through what I was interested in in a longer text book of the major personality sorting type.
link
link
link
link
There was another popular 1 I can't find now about your dog or cat personality, came out in 1997 I think.  I read it and realized it was colored, racist people.  I got it in the past recent years.

So, I started reading, I think, Twilight, and I realized it was for kids.  I got another magical book that I found was from years ago.  So, I stopped.

Now, I'm trying to get back blogging skills and see if I can get as smart as I was when I was a tween.

I know there are young children's authors out there, but I didn't think those books were for me.  I wanted to read about true ghost stories, might get that.  I don't know about writing for skill.  That's something like poetry.  I dunno, maybe online articles are of some value.  Remember essays?  Maybe long psychology essays, mainly on like modern young people, like when MySpace was coming out, you know?  It doesn't sound like people want to make people happy and talk about it.  They just smile sarcastically and go on to something else.  It's something they do a lot.  They have that funny aura..

I had also been getting People on my Nook, and it's easy to go through and read.  It's mostly ads.  It's every week for $10 a month, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaf me a tasty treat
Meet me @ the side of @ street
Make sure you bring your seat
Don't tell me you can't stand the heat